‘Running is what defines me now. (…) I never used to be sporty. When I was 40, my doctor said: ‘Get some exercise or die.’ Edward Chapman
You can find inspiring people in many places. I for example love watching the 30 days of genius series by Chase Charvis. He interviews people, who’ve made it in their field of exerptise. Telling you how they’ve got there and sharing some invaluable tips. It’s so awesome!
Like everyone else, I have my idols I look up to. Meryl Streep comes to mind. I absolutely adore her and find her inspiring not only as an actress, but as a person as well.
The only thing is, there is such a big, unsurmountable gap between me and her. It feels to me as if a whole stormy ocean seperates me from Meryl Streep.
It’s dead easy to become entrenched in succesfull’s people’s lives, having made it to the top.
The danger is, that you might ignore the wisdom that is right in front of you!
Your friends, who live their lives with passion, daring to be an artist etc. We often don’t talk about things like, how they found their path, how they deal with challenges etc.
This is exactly why I chose to speak with everyday people, whom I personally know and whom I find inspiring. Friends, who follow their path and live their passion!
I loved interviewing Edward Chapman!
I find him inspiring on so many levels! When I talked to Edward in November 2016, he had just completed his 10th ‘Kalahari Augrabies Extreme Marathon’.
Imagine that! No one ever has done that before. Edward certainly has a lot to say, when it comes to facing and overcoming adversities.
He is a true adventurer, never giving up, no matter what he’s up to.
Here is the full interview with Edward. It’s 34:56 min. long. Enjoy!
Here’s a rough outline of my talk with Edward Chapman.
- 1:34 min. ‘Running is what defines me now.’ How Edward discoveres his passion
- 2:30 min. How Edward decided to run marathons. About the Kalahari race and being the first to have completed it 10 times!
- 5:50 min. How Edward’s whole family gets involved in his passion
- 6:30 min. From being formerly an accountant to founding his business Ed & Phil
- 8:00 min. About Edward’s three month walk in Scotland in 2016 and his upcoming plans for 2017.
- 10:37 min. About Edward’s two books, ‘Get running’ and ‘The Ed & Phil Book of Recipes’
- 13:34 min. How perserverence enables you to become great at something
- 14:30 min. Edward’s insight on how to deal with challenge in a manageable way
- 15:15 min. Why you shouldn’t stop what you’re doing
- 17:50 min. How to overcome adversity
- 21:51 min. The importance on creating new challenges for yourself
- 23:45 min. Edward’s motto, helping him to live an adventerous life
- 28:50 min. What to do when you’ve lost your mojo
- 30:34 min. Edward’s advice on how to find your passion